Weekly Wrap-Up: Nashville, Gaucho Grill, and TONS of Travel Planning! ~ Diane's Vintage Zest!

Weekly Wrap-Up: Nashville, Gaucho Grill, and TONS of Travel Planning!

Thankfully, this week was less action-packed but on the flip-side, I was definitely more stressed out!  A combination of time zone ping-pong and poring over travel details all weekend had me falling asleep at 8pm last night.

But I admit that I had some fun while out of town and during a dinner out with the whole family before my stressful weekend.  :)


Precap:


Little Miss in Nashville again!  If you're wondering who this is, click here!


Wednesday

Last I left you, I was in New York headed to Nashville.  I had less than 24 hours until my flight home, and even with a half day of work, I was able to squeeze in the most of a city that I used to know (enter Gotye & Kimbra).

Side note, I got to Nashville at about 11pm, and rented the silliest looking car ever.  Have you ever seen the inside of a Kia Soul?  It's like an advertisement all over the seats and inside the car doors.  Ridiculous!




Immediately after my obligations the next day, I met up with my Little Sister from Big Brothers Big Sisters from when I used to live here. I was starving, so we went to Arnold's Country Kitchen for a late lunch!



I love that it's so old school, they don't even have a website.  It's cafeteria style, so you're not expecting much...




But then it's an amazing plate of meat and three!  Roast beef, okra, mac & cheese, and dressing with a corn muffin on the side.




It's so good, everyone has been here.  Not just the country folks too!  Check out James Brown in the corner.



Just like New York, I proceeded to scoot my tush all over town to get a couple of food souvenirs and a few pictures of Little Miss in the hotspots.  I moved before appointing her my travel mascot, so this was her first tip here!


The Cupcake Collection is my favorite cupcake place ever, hands down.  I've had cupcakes all over the country, from Sprinkles, to Magnolia, to Georgetown cupcakes and everything in between (believe me).  These are my absolute favorites by a mile!  I give every shop I see its fair shot to become my new favorite, and it's not even comparable.




It's a tiny shop, and if you come late in the day there's a chance you won't get any!




They packed up twelve for me to take home, and this is what happened after a flight home and going through security twice!




Don't worry, they were fairly unscathed after I tipped them back over.  We tried the following flavors, in order of yumminess: Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry, Lemon, Wedding Cake, Caramel Apple, Carrot Cake, Sweet Potato, Marble, Chocolate, and Red Velvet.  In the past, I've had Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coconut, and a ton of other winners.  By the way, they ship all over the country, hint hint to anyone I know reading this blog...


The last stop of the day was The Loveless Cafe.  It's outside Nashville by almost 30 minutes, but it's totally worth it.  In fact, they're going to be at the James Beard House tomorrow for Valentine's Day!  To make up for me missing it, I brought eight biscuits home and some preserves for my mom.


Yes you are counting 7, because they're too yummy to resist!


Thursday

Nothing special, just unpacking all the yummy treats!



Friday

After recovering from my flight, my family and I went out for dinner at Gaucho Grill.  All six of us shared the Provoleta, which is a cheesy, spicy appetizer.  Yum!  And unfortunately, this isn't my picture because by the time it reached my end of the table, it was almost gone!


Credit: Yelp


For dinner, I ordered the swai, a white fish with arrabbiata sauce.  You're probably thinking that I'm crazy for going to an Argentinian restaurant and not getting steak, but this was so good!  I decided to go veggie crazy after all of my meals out for the last two days.


Poor lighting, but super yummy.

Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!
Maybe better?  Not really...  I have to go back soon!


Now, for dessert we had the cupcakes I brought!  Everyone had a tiny bit of nearly all of the flavors, and we still had tons to spare.  What a shame...



Saturday - Tuesday

We did sooooo much travel planning for our upcoming trip, it's crazy!  I'm trying to focus on the fact that'll pay off later, but it's getting stressful...  By the way, thanks for the suggestions so far!


Does anyone have anything fun planned for this weekend?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! And putting in your two cents is always free. :)

.