S'mores Mini Donuts ~ Diane's Vintage Zest!

S'mores Mini Donuts

On Sunday, we had a BBQ and I said that we would bring something a little sweet.  Initially, I was thinking about making ice cream, but we had some last minute errands to run beforehand.

Ice cream + Hot car = No bueno

The time-consuming errands meant that I would most likely have to bring something storebought, which always makes me a little sad.  Homemade is so much better, but we just didn't have any time for baking beforehand.

Since I had to rethink our dessert, I checked my e-mail and found out that August 10th is National S'mores Day!  I wasn't sure if we would have access to a firepit, so traditional s'mores were out.  Off the top of my head, I grabbed a few items, ran home, and made a quick, easy, budget-friendly, and crowd-pleasing dessert.  I'm happy to share my S'mores Mini Donuts with you!


-Smore Donuts 7


S'Mores Mini Donuts
From Diane of Vintage Zest


-Smore Donuts 6


Ingredients
Chocolate covered mini donuts (2 packs or 30 donuts)
Mini marshmallows (1 package is more than enough)
Graham crackers (4 squares)


Supplies
Plastic sandwich bag
Heat-safe plate or cookie sheet
Kitchen torch


-Smore Donuts 1


Directions

1. Crush the graham crackers into crumbs in a plastic sandwich bag.


-Smore Donuts 2


2. Arrange the donuts on your heat-safe plate and pile the marshmallows on top.


-Smore Donuts 3


3. For each mini donut, toast the marshmallows, constantly moving the flame and not concentrating on one spot for too long.

4. As soon as the marshmallows are toasted to your liking, sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the donut, which will have melted slightly.  The more melty the donut, the more crumbs will stick!


-Smore Donuts 4


5. Repeat until the entire plate is finished!


-Smore Donuts 5


Seriously, aren't they adorable?  Just a couple of minutes of set-up and I spent about $6 on both platters, with a ton of graham crackers leftover.  Perfect for a party because they look so festive, and they're delish to boot!  Also, they're a step-up from storebought, but without the hassle of baking at home.

Next time, I definitely want to make s'mores brownies cups!  These mini-desserts are just too cute.  :)


-Smore Donuts 8


By the way, for those of you who follow me on Instagram, you would have seen my prepping with the brulee torch, which was my first time using it.  I think I'm addicted, and I'm looking for a good creme brulee recipe now!

Does anyone have any good recipes for my new love in the kitchen (AKA the kitchen torch)?




33 comments:

  1. Genius! I bet these are super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were gone in a flash, so our friends definitely thought so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I am trying a new s'more recipe that I made up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT idea, My boys would love! Stopping by from Wildly Originally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I must warn you that they're highly addicting. I brought it for a BBQ, and they started to be eaten before we even had our steaks! My guy admitted that he ate at least 5 of them. It's a good thing he has a good metabolism!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet these are yummy! Love how easy they are as well.

    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party. I'll be featuring this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun are these! I love how you jazzed up store bought donuts (and I can always get behind anything dressed up in s'mores)! Looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the feature! How fun to see it at the very top too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. S'mores are so awesome, aren't they? I dislike bringing store bought items, because it's embarrassing when everyone knows that I know how to bake yumminess. I love that these look and taste a notch above the store bought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh geez. Yummy! Sounds like a breakfast treat for tomorrow is on the schedule! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and
    others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-5.html-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was a brilliant fix to no ice cream. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Diane,
    Your mini donuts are so beautiful and I love the little marshmallow topping, tres chic smores... thanks for sharing them with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure wish I had a couple of these for my morning coffee treat. Hope you have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow what a fantastic idea - they sound so yummy as well!


    Thank you for link up with the I Love My Post Blog Hop


    Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea ... quick thinking on your part!!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, yum! I'll be bringing this to our neighborhood pot luck next weekend. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These sound amazing! What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Thursday's Temptation. I am going to be featuring these at tonights link party!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum, Smores are the best! Thanks for
    sharing at Krafty Inspiration Thursday – I will be featuring it at tomorrow’s
    party!

    Have a lovely evening!

    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

    http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are welcome, and thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much! They definitely look adorable. :) Next time, I'm going to try the donuts from scratch, which I'm sure will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Try them, and you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! I love that description. :) They are, indeed, lush!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks! Sometimes the best ideas are last minute ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good choice because it was definitely a crowd pleaser!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay! Can't wait to link up tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome! Thanks for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Diane ~ I featured your post today on Feature Fridays!

    Feel free to grab the button and display it on your blog :)
    http://raising-reagan.com/2013/08/30/feature-friday-week-34/

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome! Thanks for the feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Giiiiirl! You had my at Smores! Featuring at this weekend's party! YUMMO! Thanks for linkin up to Sunday FUNday! XO

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome! My first feature over at your party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super cute, Diane! These would be perfect for a slumber party for my elementary school kiddos!

    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. They would! Perfect as a late night snack or a decadent breakfast in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! And putting in your two cents is always free. :)

.