Weekly Wrap-Up: Summer Fun! ~ Diane's Vintage Zest!

Weekly Wrap-Up: Summer Fun!

Am I the only one who feels like long weekends completely throw off everything?  I'm not really complaining, but I can never get my sleeping, eating, and working habits back to normal until about a week after...  Oh well!


Precap (jump to):



Thursday

It was time for our annual July 4th family BBQ!  I was so excited about the sun coming out that I didn't bother take pictures of our awesome spread, but it was definitely yummy!



Friday


The next day, we went to eat at The Boiling Crab since we were feeling a bit lazy from the day before.  It's one of those places where you order your food, and then they throw everything on your table.  You shuck/peel/break everything by hand and eat it up!  I was going to show you an after picture with all of our trash, but it was a little unappetizing looking.  :)




Afterwards, we went to the nearby Vietnamese supermarket Hoa Binh to pick up a few treats!  The first thing was a jackfruit, a GIANT spiky fruit with an orange fleshy center.  Of course, I couldn't resist a few sweets: strawberry Yan Yan (with cute cookie sticks), White Rabbit, and Lychee Mochi!


-Collage


We decided to make it a quiet night in and played some Clue, The Simpsons edition...


IMG_3858


...and poker, using mahjongg tiles as chips since we couldn't find our stash.  Oops!


IMG_3859


Saturday

We spent most of the day house hunting.  It was a looong day!  To reward ourselves, we met up with some friends and went out to a comedy show and dinner afterwards.  Yay!



Sunday

We got in some well-deserved downtime, and I finally opened my serger and sewed up a simple jersey top to test it out!  I looove the serger!  It is so darned quick and clean.  I promise to share the finished top later, after I can take some pics.  :)



Monday

I ate some dinner with a couple of friends at La Tavolata, and it was amazing!  It had been on my radar for a while, and it was fabulous.  Between the three of us we had the garlic bread (AMAZING!), manicotti with spinach and shredded chicken, tiramisu, eggplant (my favorite!), and lemon chicken.  I'm definitely going to come back soon!




Tuesday

I didn't do much except go to the 99 cent only store to pick up a few items.  When I lived in Nashville, they only had Family Dollar and a few other similar stores, but this one is so much better! I picked up a couple of pool noodles, browsed through the gardening section, bought a couple of items to make a cupcake stand (I can't wait to share it!) and also bought a few of my favorite snacks.  Is there anything better than those old-fashioned ginger snaps?  I think I have to learn how to make my own one day!


-Collage


Hopefully, I can get some of these projects that have been piling up photographed so I can share them all with you!

This weekend, I have something like 3 or 4 plans to choose from on Saturday, which is always tricky...

We'll see what happens!




1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Ahola Friday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! And putting in your two cents is always free. :)

.