Favorite Breakfast #1: Eggs & Vegetable Medley ~ Diane's Vintage Zest!

Favorite Breakfast #1: Eggs & Vegetable Medley

Right now I'm in my Paris flat about to get started for the morning, and most likely we'll have a pastry or baguette. I'm going to be sneaky and have fruit before though. Why? Because otherwise I'll be hungry and I have the biggest appetite, as I talked about previously.

For today's post, I thought that I would put together a series of my favorite foods that I eat at home regularly, since I won't be cooking for a month. Poor me!



Egg & Vegetable Medley

First off, I totally love eating a rainbow of colors, not just because the wide range of nutrients, but because it is just so pretty!



If you squint, it almost looks like a rainbow, right? Personally, I used three different colored peppers, a red onion, and white mushrooms.



I just cut my veggies into strips or half moons.



Squint to see the rainbow of colors again!



Then I sautée them in a pan, and serve with a fried egg, and a piece of whole wheat toast.



Nothing fancy, but it fills me up with a piece of fruit afterwards. Also, I've had a ton of nutrients to start my day, which always makes me feel great.

I can alter the spices or the veggies that I use to my taste, so sometimes I add a pepper and Mexican spices almost like a fajita. Other times I cook the veggies a bit more raw and add Herbes de Provence for a more crudité type version. Easy peasy!

What's your favorite breakfast?




10 comments:

  1. This is delicious I would love this for my brekkie - great Idea for the veg, I often have an egg on brown bread but never the veg.. but now I probably will have the veg tooo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a hard time incorporating vegetables into breakfast, but this looks very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple, but looks so delicious! :)

    Thanks again for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought to have veggies for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy. My husband would love it. I'm starting a new linky party on Wednesday with a garden theme. I'd love for you to join in you can. cass-eats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing breakfast! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't eat peppers for breakfast, but my son would love this. I might just surprise him tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! A little rainbow to start the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to be better about eating breakfast. it's not my favorite meal by any means. I saw your photos and immediately thought of fajitas! LOL

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! And putting in your two cents is always free. :)

.