Weekly Wrap-Up: Being sick... ~ Diane's Vintage Zest!

Weekly Wrap-Up: Being sick...

There isn't too much to wrap up this week, for two reasons:

1) I was still sick over the weekend.
2) I'm leaving for Europe next week!  Eek!

I have sooo much to do and being sick was not good for my pre-travel schedule.  Well, hopefully I won't be sick ON my trip, and at least I'm well now!


Precap (jump to):


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!



Wednesday

We went to Spago for the first time since the redesign with the whole family.  There were mixed reviews from the table on both the decor and food, but it's probably because we loved the old restaurant so much.  : \

FYI, Wolfgang Puck was there and shook hands with everyone at the table.  Such soft, meaty hands!  We've seen him before, but I hadn't shaken hands with him.  What a nice guy?  :)  Also, I almost pulled out my Little Miss to take a picture with him, but it would have been a bit silly!


On a side note, I was sooo tired and the service was slower than usual, so I had to fidget just to stay awake.  Per usual, the pictures are ridiculously dark, but hopefully you can squint and guess at what our food looked like.  :)

An amuse bouche of pea soup.  It's so dark that I wouldn't have included it... but I have to remind myself of how good it was!  The entire table agreed, and we all tried our best to figure out how to get every last drop without looking crass!


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


A huge bread basket with the famous lavosh and some delicious rolls on the right!  I'm not usually a bread person, but it's hard to say no at this restaurant.


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


A close-up of the butter cylinder and pyramid.  Interesting...


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


I had the delicious Garganelli with lobster to start.  I loved the shape of the noodles, the right amount of sauce, and the freshness of the ingredients.  My only complaint: I wanted more!


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


My guy had the Risotto with lobster.  Yum!  I could have taken a picture of everybody else's dishes, but to get all seven people's dishes would have just taken forever!


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


I had fish as my entree, but I daresay that it was a bit forgettable.  It was good enough to order again, but not great or awesome.  It's possible that my tastebuds were not entirely working, and my congestion was impeding the aromatic qualities of the dish.  However, as I said, there were mixed reviews around the table about the entrees.


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


Although we had room for dessert, it had taken so long that we were antsy to get back.  Oh well, next time!



Friday

Serger class was cancelled.  :(

I was sick, so I didn't mind!  :)



Saturday

Honestly, I can't totally remember what I did.
I know that I went to the grocery store for holiday food shopping.  Other than that, I'm pretty sure my bed and I had some quality time together.  Finally!


Sunday
I had a lot to do, and I was starting to feel a bit better.  We went out for Japanese food before we started to prep for our holiday dinner!  By the way, I have a few recipes that I'm totally going to share when I get back.  They are so perfect for the spring holidays, and it's just too bad that I couldn't get a chance to post on this beforehand.

Here's what we grubbed on.


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!
Edamame
Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!
Dragon Roll
Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!
Udon & Softshell Crab
Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!
Roll with Shrimp Tempura
Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!
My favorite!  I love soy paper.

And for the mother of all rolls.  Each piece was twice the size of a normal one!


Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


I picked up a chocolate mint on the way out, which I thought was broken.

Weekly Wrap-Up on Diane's Vintage Zest!


Nope!  It was a bonus half in the package!


Am I the only one who gets excited by things like this?  I mean, like when two Frosted Miniwheats are stuck together.  Or when there's a smushed gummi bear in the package?


I can't wait for next week's Weekly Wrap-Up... I'll be overseas!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! And putting in your two cents is always free. :)

.